COIL Foundation Giving Guidelines and Grant Request Process
The COIL Foundation makes small ($100 – $1,000) discretionary donations for annual giving, for special programs and some membership requests.
For larger gifts (over $1,000, up to an annual $25,000 maximum) to one organization there is a two-step process, as follows:
1) A letter of inquiry and introduction is requested prior to submission of a grant proposal. Communications should be addressed to:
Peter Drake, Executive Director
408 Columbus Avenue, Suite 3
San Francisco, CA 94133
2) A response to this initial letter will follow shortly thereafter. If a formal proposal is requested by the Foundation, it should include:
- The amount requested and a complete statement of intended usage of the funds.
- A description of the project plan and expected outcome, and any innovative features of the proposal.
- Budgetary information for the project as well as the annual budget of the applying organization.
- Information on aid from other organizations, and basic marketing information on the organization.
- Contact names and information for further information regarding the request.