Matthew Vines, Time Magazine, June 11, 2014
The author of “God and the Gay Christian” shares his 10 reasons why God loves Gay Christians:
- The term “homosexual” didn’t exist until 1892.
- Sexual orientation is a new concept—one that the Christian tradition hasn’t addressed.
- Celibacy is a gift, not a mandate.
- Condemning same-sex relationships is harmful to the LGBT community.
- Sodom and Gomorrah involved an attempted gang rape, not a loving relationship.
- The prohibitions in Leviticus don’t apply to Christians.
- Paul condemns same-sex lust, not love.
- Marriage is about commitment.
- Human beings are relational.
- Faithful Christians are already embracing LGBT brothers and sisters.